Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Project #2....Lined Bookcase

Woohoo...finished with project #2. Seriously, this one was super easy. I did the soccer theme because the only bookshelf I had that was that size was in Cole's room, and lets face it, the kid LOVES soccer. His whole room is filled with RSL memorabilia so this was the perfect project for his room. It took all of 30 minutes with the hardest part being fitting the fabric lined poster board back into the bookcase. My only suggestion would be to cut your poster board about 1/8" smaller than your bookcase for a better fit. I had to really mess with mine and I cut it to the exact measurement of my bookcase. This is a super easy, super fun way to take a boring bookcase, and make it fit into any room perfectly!!

Project #3 will be posted by March 4th.....it is a little more complicated than the first 2!!

4 comments:

  1. It just keeps getting better and better! I LOVE your ideas and appreciate your sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing this on Rachel Ray. If I had one, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Looks really good! Only thing, you didn't say how Cole liked it...even though I know he did. :D Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I am going to do this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like this. I think I might do this to a few book shelfs when we move. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete